A brief discussion among our friends about the terrific accident that took place in Palladam, Tirupur District on June 22, 2009 made us decide to help the children who became orphans. 13 people died in the multiple collision that took place while travelling from Coimbatore to Keeranur for a marriage alliance because of which nine children became orphans. We believe in Aristotle’s words “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work”. Thus the formation of the trust. After coining several names it was unanimously decided to use “Agni Foundation”. Plato rightly said “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life”
- Address the changing needs of Women & Children.
- Uplifting the Socio-Economic status of the people below the poverty line with special focus on WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT.
- Gender equity within the focus on empowerment of weaker sections to ensure dignity & respect.
- Improve the livelihood of marginalized communities through the promotion of improved livelihood opportunities.
- To upbring self reliance and social change by providing opportunities with equity, social justice and empowerment of weaker sections of the society.
- To create awareness through education and other awareness programs.
- To improve the economic condition of women by advising them to adopt self employment schemes, by organizing them into Women Self Help Groups and as Federations.